We have a kit for remote control of the NX5000-series radios. This will give the dispatcher a Virtual Control Head where he can remote the basic functionality of the radio.
Unfortunally the radios interface will not let us remote control the full functionality of the radio. We are hoping for an upgrade of this at a later stage.
Apart from the obvious audio and PTT, the following functions are available:
- Channel change
- Zone change
- Scan on/off
- Select channels to scan list
- Decode of private calls and emergencys
- Display of transmitting radio ID
As with all other SoftRadio you can operate several radios from one dispatcher and each radio can be operated from several dispatchers. Each dispatcher can also use other types of radios in a mix.
Examples of use:
- Local use when several dispatchers wants to share one radio
- Remote use where a dispatcher at one location wants to talk to radio users at a different location
- Cross patch between analogue radio and other two way radio, like Nexedge, DMR, Tetra or MPT
- Cross patch between VHF/UHF
Receive mode talk group call
Receive mode Private call
Transmitting on a Talk group
Emergency call received
One dispatcher controlling one radio
Three dispatchers working with three radios and recording audio on a VoiceLog
Controls on the Virtual Control Head