Kenwood NX720/NX820 & TK7360/TK8360
For the Kenwood NX720/820-series and the TK7360/8360-series radios we have a network interface and a full virtual control head.
You can now remote control your Nexedge radio both in a local LAN and over the Internet.
The virtual control head gives you full control of the radio, just as if you were sitting in front of it. All buttons can be accessed from your touch screen, with the PC mouse or by short cuts on the standard keyboard. And the whole display is replicated on the virtual control head.
The Virtual Control Head has an option to activate a numeric keyboard. This is useful if you send many selective calls or if you have many channels to select. For example if you use the radio for marine VHF channels, it is faster to select channel with two keys than to step up/down with the arrow keys.
The radio can simultaneously be used as a standard radio with its control head, microphone and speaker.
All connections are made from the rear 15 pin connector on the radio.
The radio shall be programmed with:
- GPIO Pin 10 programmed for external PTT active low. (Extended function, AUX-Tab)
- The External PTT (voice) shall be connected to the MI2 line. (Extended function, Modulation Line-Tab (only NX-series))
Only NX-series: To get the audio in and out of the back connector, two jumpers needs to be moved in the radio. See the installation manual for details.
NX-series: Network Interface 3009/29
TK-series: Network Interface 3009/33
Examples of use:
- Local use when several dispatchers want to share one radio
- Remote use where a dispatcher at one location want to talk to radio users at a different location
- Cross patch between analogue radio and other two way radio, like Nexedge, DMR, Tetra or MPT
- Cross patch between VHF/UHF
Kenwood NX720 radio with
Network Interface and Cable Kit
Virtual Control Head with the numeric keyboard active
Virtual Control Head w/o the numeric keyboard
Supported radio models:
- NX-720/820 E/GE/HK/HGK/HGK2
- TK-7360/8360 E/M/HM/M2/HM2/HV
Please also see the other Kenwood pages.
Example with one radio remote controlled from one operator PC
Example with two radios remote controlled from two operator PC´s.