Mimer Custom Functions Panel
In some cases you need more function keys, than is found on each device panel, to be able to address all your functions. We have built a separate panel for this use called Custom Functions Panel.
The panel can be equipped with keys that in the background run scripts. This opens for a wide variety of future functions. Please ask if you have ideas of functions you would like to see.
The first implemented functions, that also are included in the basic package if you order the option to your SoftRadio system, are:
Select Audio Device
The colour of the keys and the symbols on the keys can be changed by the system administrator.
More functions can be added.
Mimer SoftRadio with the Custom Functions Panel activated
Select Audio Device
Many operators have the need to change between using a speaker/microphone combination over to a headset or handset, all depending of the noise situation and what is comfortable.
With the Audio Device Select function you change easily between two audio cards connected in Windows. The audio cards can be built into the PC or be USB connected.
Many headsets today are delivered with a built in audio card and connects to the PC via USB.
You can find examples of microphones, headsets and handsets on this page.
Speaker and microphone selected
With the Mimer GroupSend option you can Reach all radios at once by transmitting on more than one radio at the same time.
You can chose two, three, four or maybe all of your radios with a simple tick box. When you then push your GroupSend PTT button you will transmit on all the chosen radios.
Examples of use
- You don’t know in what region a car is – just transmit on all base stations.
- You need to send an emergency message – just do it on all channels in use on that site. (Will also work over a PA-system)
- You don’t know what radio system a special person is on – transmit on all systems, and see what system the answer comes back over.
Just select through the tick boxes which radios to transmit on.
Then push the GroupSend button.
Showing two radios that are transmitting at the same time by using the GroupSend button
Special layout of keys
For the customer Green Cargo we have built a special design GUI that resembles their old analogue radio console.
The design and function is accomplished with the Custom Function Panel option and scripts. Also the standard function to hide keys is used. The customer did not want it to be possible to close the loudspeakers on some channels, so the speaker keys are hidden.
- The left white keys sets up predefined group transmissions.
- The white keys to the right sets up predefined calls on the SIP phone.
- The green “Reset” key, clears radios that are logged on to that channel.
- The red “Larm Radio” key triggers an alarm on all radios.
Many of the functions are done by using the I/O functions on the network interfaces and in this way mimicing the old analogue radio console.