SoftRadio User Settings
There are some settings that can be performed by the user and also some extra menues that can be brought forward. The menues that are available will vary depending on the options that are installed.
Feel free to explore the posibilities.
More reading about all the settings can be found in the user manual and the manuals for each option. The manuals can all be found on the technical download page.
Under View you always have the Audio Levels that will show you the incoming and outgoing audio levels.
If you have the options installed, you will also have selections to show RadioCalls, the Marine CallLog and a quick key to Make a DSC Call.
Under Settings is the sub menu Settings, where you can set what keys to show and much more, this is described in detail below.
Depending on installed options you will also find the Edit CrossPatch groups and Select devices.
More reading about “Select Devices” below.
Under Style you find the Change Style menu.
Here you can select between different colour schemes. Feel free to experiment.
Mimer SoftRadio XL with many devices and options active
The Settings menu
Do you prefer one or two speaker buttons, do you want to have a volume control for each radio? Or would you like a vertical layout? It can all be changed, very easily.
Settings is accessed from the top list in the Mimer SoftRadio GUI. Settings can also be blocked in Connection SetUp so that only the “Admin” will be able to make changes.
The menus and tabs under settings will look different depending on the installed options.
You will find more information in both the Basic System Setup description and the Configuration and User Guide on the technical download page.
The first information, User ID and User name, are read only. They are set up in Mimer Connections Setup.
Mimer SoftRadio XL with three radios, VoiceLog, SIP phone and Custom Functions Panel
- The left part sets which buttons to be shown in Mimer SoftRadio. And also if vertical or horizontal layout should be used.
In SoftRadio XL you can also choose if the device panels should be movable and if Tabs shall be active.
- The right top corner controls what will happen when a radio receives a selective/private call.
- You can also select to have a warning sound when a device disconnects from the SoftRadio system.
- In the right low corner you set if the window should be fixed or if the operator should have the right to resize and/or lock it to a certain position on the screen.
- When using movable device panels you can set the size of the panels here.
- You can also enable support for touch screens. This gives a virtual keyboard on the screen when you need to input a text or number, for example when writing an SDS.
- At the left you set in which way a PTT can be keyed.
You can select if PTT shall be allowed through the keyboard spacebar and through clicking on the Virtual Control Heads display.
- Then you have the Transmit Timeout. This regulates for how long a transmission is alowed.
- If an external PTT key shall be used through the COM-port, you need to set the port number here.
- The top right corner sets if a hotkey should be used on the keyboard and how it shall function. You may also specify your own Hotkey or combination of keys.
This is often used as the PTT key on operator accessories.
- The bottom right corner sets the hold time for the yellow squelch indicator. Practical is to keep it at 1-2 seconds. This means that it will stay lit a while after the last transmission was received to give the operator a better chance to respond on the right radio in systems with several radios.
- You also have a selection if the volume on incoming radio calls shall be decreased when being in a phone call.
Settings: SIP Phone (option)
Settings: Installed Options
This tab will show the options (if any) that are installed in your SoftRadio system.
Settings: Multiple Hotkeys (option)
With the option Multiple Hotkeys activated you can assign a separate keyboard key as PTT for each device in your SoftRadio system. Further described on the SoftRadio XL page.
Settings: Marine Calls (option)
Marine Calls is the option that handles DSC and ATIS calls in marine systems.
To be able to use the option you need to make some settings. MMSI-numbers, preset channels etc. Here you also set up which radio(s) that shall be used for sending DSC calls. Read more about Marine Calls here.
Further described in a separate manual available on the technical download page.
Settings: Custom Functions Panel (option)
The "Select Devices" menu
This selection is activated through a Tick box in Mimer Connections Setup.
Since connections Setup can hold more devices than the operator might want to see on his screen at the same time, there is a simple tick box tool where the operator can select the devices he would like to use.
This can be combined with the function “Tabs” that is available in XL versions of SoftRadio. As in the example to the right, the operator can select what devices to have on each tab. Opening up for preprogrammed daytime/nighttime settings or personal settings for each operator sharing the same PC.
Select Devices menu with tabs activated