SoftRadio User Settings
Do you prefer one or two speaker buttons, do you want to have a volume control for each radio? Or would you like a vertical layout? It can all be changed, very easily.
Settings is accessed from the top list in the Mimer SoftRadio GUI. Settings can also be blocked in Connection SetUp so that only the “Admin” will be able to make changes.
The menus and tabs under settings will look different depending on the installed options. There is a Basic System Setup description available on the technical download page.
The first information, User ID and User name, are read only. They are set up in Mimer Connections Setup.
- The left part sets which buttons to be shown in Mimer SoftRadio. And also if vertical or horizontal layout should be used.
In SoftRadio XL you can also choose if the device panels should be movable and if Tabs shall be active.
- The right top corner controls what will happen when a radio receives a selective/private call.
- The right middle controls if SoftRadio shall minimize to the System Tray or as standard in Windows.
You can also select to have a warning sound when a device disconnects from the SoftRadio system.
- In the right low corner you set if the window should be fixed or if the operator should have the right to resize and/or lock it to a certain position on the screen.
You can also enable support for touch screens. This gives a virtual keyboard on the screen when you need to input a text or number, for example when writing an SDS.
Mimer SoftRadio XL with 13 devices and GroupSend
Mimer SoftRadio XL with 2 devices and Custom Functions Panel
- At the left you set in which way a PTT can be keyed.
You can delete all PTT functions if a user only should be allowed to monitor the radios.
- The top right corner sets if a hotkey should be used on the keyboard and how it shall function. You may also specify your own Hotkey or combination of keys.
This is often used as the PTT key on operator accessories.
- The bottom right corner sets the hold time for the yellow squelch indicator. Practical is to keep it at 1-2 seconds. This means that it will stay lit a while after the last transmission was received to give the operator a better chance to respond on the right radio in systems with several radios.
Settings: Custom Functions Panel (option)
This tab is only used for activating/deactivating the Custom Functions Panel and to enter the full setup menu.
Settings: SIP Phone (option)
Here you set up the information needed to connect to your SIP exchange as provided by the SIP PABX provider.
Settings: Installed Options
This tab will show the options (if any) that are installed in your SoftRadio system.
Settings: Multiple Hotkeys (option)
With the option Multiple Hotkeys activated you can assign a separate keyboard key as PTT for each device in your SoftRadio system.
Settings: Marine Calls (option)
Marine Calls is the option that handles DSC and Atis calls in marine systems.
To be able to use the option you need to make some settings. Your own MMSI-number, preset channels etc. See the setup guide for Marine calls for details.
Here you also set up which radio that shall be used for sending DSC calls.